Podcasting is a term used to describe a collection of technologies for automatically distributing audio and video programs over the internet ...Podcasting enables independent producers to create self-published, syndicated "radio shows," and gives broadcast radio or television programs a new distribution method.
Any digital audio player or computer with audio-playing software can play podcasts....The term "podcast", however, still refers largely to audio content distribution.
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
For more information on all that is podcasting:
- Learninginhand -great what and how information for using podcasting in the classroom.
- PodcastinginEducation - everything you need to know about podcasting including great links. Be sure to scroll all the way down this site from Maple Grove School in Ontario.
- Edupodder-what podcasting is from San Jose State University.
- Wikipedia -definition plus links to more information.